Addit! Pro For Flight Simulator X
I have strange problems related to the installation of Addit! Pro. Help!
- Shortcuts become linked to the wrong programs.
- A prompt appears asking for a path to Addit! Pro.
- A prompt appears asking to insert a disk called "VBInstaller6: 1".
- During setup, you get the message "Another version of the product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue."
There appears to be a problem with the Microsoft Windows Installer configuration information regarding Addit! Pro on your PC. It will be necessary to remove this information. This involves downloading and using a Microsoft utility. Here is how to remove the corrupt Windows Installer data:
1. Download and install the Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:
2. Run the CleanUp Utility by pressing the Windows Start button followed by All Programs then pick Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.
3. You should see a list of some applications installed using the Windows Installer, including Addit! Pro. Select all instances of Addit! Pro then click Remove.
Note this will only remove the Windows Installer configuration files and data. Any Addit! Pro program and data files will remain but you may safely delete these using Windows Explorer.
This should solve the problem.