Why Fly X-Plane 11?
Laminar Research has been steadily improving X-Plane and with version 11 the flight simulator really hit its stride with user interface improvements, stunning 3D cockpits, high resolution models, living airports, and world-wide scenery coverage.
The simulator's incredible, realistic flight model give it a definite leg-up over the competition and X-Plane 11 offers sloped runways and taxiways, great lighting effects, and especially gorgeous visuals during night flights.
X-Plane 11 is a flight simulation available from X-Plane 11.com and features an incredible library of third-party addons you can download and use today.
X-Plane 11's Advantages
- Thousands of addons from Flightsim.com, X-Plane.org, AVSim.com, and other download sites.
- High quality stock aircraft with 3D cockpits including: Beechcraft Baron 58,
Beechcraft King Air C90,
Cirrus Vision SF50,
McDonnell Douglas MD-80,
Schleicher ASK 21,
Sikorsky S-76, and more.
- Over 33,000 airports plus excellent autogen scenery.
- The flight model is based on blade element theory and feels very fluid and alive.
- Extensibility with access to Plane Maker and Airfoil Maker.
- Much improved interface.
- Strong community interaction between third-party developers, the public and Laminar Research.
- Support for modern CPUs and GPUs including DirectX 11.
Addit! Pro For X-Plane 11
When you do decide to switch, be sure to check out the new Addit! Pro designed for X-Plane 11. It offers all of the robust addon management expertise from other versions and fully supports Laminar Research's X-Plane 11.